NuFu is a new breed of on-site agency. Based in London, but operating on a global scale, NuFu builds and manages bespoke agency solutions within its client’s businesses.
Short for Nuclear Fusion, the name NuFu reflects the agency’s ambition to bring together two forces, agency and in-house, to create something even more impactful. With a focus on transparency and performance, NuFu is a disruptor in the agency world, delivering effective work in an agile and cost-effective way.
Engine is an award-winning global communications company with more than 2,100 employees based across locations such as London, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Melbourne. 13 partner businesses make up the Engine family, including WCRS, MHP, Trailer Park, ORC International, Partners Andrews Aldridge, Deep Focus, Synergy, Calling Brands, Mischief, Fuel, Transform and Slice.
To manage and deliver conceptualised integrated design work to dedicated clients by producing both print and digital work that deliver tangible results.
To develop strong client relationships and support and direct designers in their pursuit of the same.
Key tasks & responsibilities
Lead by example. Be accountable for what you do. Go above and beyond.
- Lead by example; behaviour breeds behavior
- Set the tone, style, standards and expectations for client relationships
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction
- Provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on schedule
- Proactively manage issues
- Where applicable manage and develop the team and direct reports
- Oversee and manage other designers in the team
- Give ongoing and regular feedback – identify any development needs early
- Have a perspective beyond the immediate task – what to challenge, change, check
- Establish visual direction:
- When the brief requires it, set the tone, look and feel of design and set the vision for all executions
- Drive momentum
Add value through courage and curiosity. Be bold, brave and fearless.
- Demonstrate sound understanding and insight into client’s brands and business priorities
- How they make money
- How they are structured and why
- What their business and marketing priorities are
- Aim for the best creative work every time
- Be a welcome face across Engine creative and production departments
- Have deep design production knowledge
- Understand all design processes and procedures
- Be highly proficient in all industry standard software
- Be plugged into emerging design trends and suggest how clients might fight to evolve their design strategy
- Promote continual creative improvement and actively contributing to a culture of innovation and excellence
- Demonstrate curiosity; challenge the assumed where appropriate
- Challenge the ordinary and pursue genuine originality in every project, together with high quality and enthusiam
Act with integrity to achieve the right outcome. Be humble and human.
- Be a trusted “go to” person on the account – drive a collaborative mentality
- Open, influential and supportive
- Build on the strength of client relationships
- Have extensive experience in a client facing role
- Build relationships across all clients
- Anticipate – go beyond the day to day demands
- Have strength and convictions in personal opinions
- Be enthusiastic and strong at presenting design work to clients and the wider agency
- Learn to negotiate tactfully and effectively
- Know when to back down
- Be politically aware but never political
- Client environment
- Agency pressures
Find the way forward. Be restless and aim for better than best.
- Never say never – have a ‘can do’ attitude to the team and client when things get ugly, find solutions quickly and move forward.
- Look ahead and anticipate
- Early warning signs to the design team leader
- Solve problems before they grow
- Identify solutions and don’t panic
- Be adaptable and flexible in your approach, managing the needs of agency and clients alike
- Work collaboratively with the account management team to ensure clients needs are being met in an efficient and creative way
- Take responsibility for given briefs and execute to given time scales
- Deliver work across multiple channels
- Design within brand and creative frameworks set out by lead creative agency
- Design within templates
- Design across web banners, press ads, social media, templated HTML emails
- Versioning and artworking of all of the above for reactive and tactical campaign work
- Be collaborative
Make a positive impact creating the conditions for client and agency success. Make a difference.
- Go the extra mile and maintain a relentless attention to detail
- Drive quality control – ensuring brilliant basics from the team
- Go forward, not backwards
- Beware of admin and ‘comfort’ traps – don’t let these get in the way of growth
- Be accountable for the delivery of work briefed
- Scope the work required and be honest and upfront with clients
- Manage all project documentation as stuipulated by the Design Team Leader
- Be a strong team player
- Be original
What we offer
At Engine and NuFu, you can expect a great working environment and superb flexible benefits to match, including: gym discounts, childcare vouchers, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more! We’ve been recognised for the way we look after our people, by being listed in The Sunday Times Top 100 best companies to work for 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016.