NuFu are looking to hire a Designer to work for a leading multinational corporation providing global workplaces. The role is based primarily in Paddington, London. The role will work alongside an existing client production team.
Key tasks & responsibilities
- To manage and deliver conceptualized integrated design work to dedicated clients by producing work that delivers tangible results.
- To develop strong client relationships and support other NuFu employees on site in their pursuit of the same.
- To manage workload direct from client, to manage all briefings and to deliver on time
- Digital content: emails, banners, social post (70%)
- Print: print and press ads / brochure / flyer experience required (30%)
What you're like - The people we need
Courage: Add value through courage and curiosity. Ask questions and challenge the impossible. Lead by example and be accountable for what you do. Be bold, brave and fearless.
- Lead by example; behaviour breeds behaviour
- Deliver the expected tone, style and standards for the team on each account
- Set the service quality levels for the client
- Take responsibilty for account health
- Identify new opportunities to improve and develop
- Proactively manage issues
- Make the agency indispensable & drive momentum
- Have a perspective beyond the immediate task – what to challenge, change, check
Strive for continuous improvement & growth through the work, relationships and personal development. Create conditions for client and agency success. Have a positive impact. Don’t stand still.
- Demonstrate sound strategic understanding and insight into client’s brands and business priorities
- How they make money
- How they are structured and why
- What their business and marketing priorities are
- Aim for the best work every time
- Know how to give considered feedback to client and the team. Know which briefs to fight for and when to move on
- Be a welcome face across Engine departments
- Be confident with the client’s strategy
- Be plugged into emerging trends and suggest how clients might fight to evolve their strategy
- Demonstrate curiosity; challenge the assumed where appropriate
- Be commercially aware
- Actively look for organic growth opportunities for both agency and Engine
Act with respect and integrity. Command and show respect for clients and yourself. Do business with clarity, humour, honesty and respect for others. Have humility.
- Be a trusted “go to” person on the account – drive a collaborative mentality
- Open, influential and supportive
- Build on the strength of client relationships
- Define and grow relationships across all clients
- Understand their personal objectives
- Anticipate – go beyond the day to day demands
- Drive the delivery of great work to the client
- Have strength and convictions in personal opinions
- Hone ability to articulate and persuade
- Learn to negotiate tactfully and effectively
- Know when to back down
- Be politically aware but never political
- Understand client environment and agency pressures
What you do matters. The work, the approach, the relationships you build. Be restless, rigorous and aim for better than best. Care about what you do.
- Never say never – have a ‘can do’ attitude to the team and client when things get ugly, find solutions quickly and move forward.
- Look ahead and anticipate
- Early warning signs to the team / MD / client
- Solve problems before they grow
- Encourage collegues to identify solutions and not panic
- Be adaptable and flexible in your approach, managing the needs of agency and clients alike
- Be collaborative
NuFu is a new breed of on-site agency. Based in London, but operating on a global scale, NuFu builds and manages bespoke agency solutions within its client’s businesses.
Short for Nuclear Fusion, the name NuFu reflects the agency’s ambition to bring together two forces, agency and in-house, to create something even more impactful. With a focus on transparency and performance, NuFu is a disruptor in the agency world, delivering effective work in an agile and cost-effective way.
Nufu is part of Engine, an award-winning global communications company with more than 2,100 employees based across locations such as London, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Melbourne. 13 partner businesses make up the Engine family, including WCRS, MHP, Trailer Park, ORC International, Partners Andrews Aldridge, Deep Focus, Synergy, Calling Brands, Mischief, Fuel, Transform and Slice.
What we offer
At Engine and NuFu, you can expect a great working environment and superb flexible benefits to match, including: gym discounts, childcare vouchers, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more! We’ve been recognised for the way we look after our people, by being listed in The Sunday Times Top 100 best companies to work for 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016.