NuFu is a new breed of on-site agency. Based in London, but operating on a global scale, NuFu builds and manages bespoke agency solutions within its client’s businesses.
Short for Nuclear Fusion, the name NuFu reflects the agency’s ambition to bring together two forces, agency and in-house, to create something even more impactful. With a focus on transparency and performance, NuFu is a disruptor in the agency world, delivering effective work in an agile and cost-effective way.
Engine is an award-winning global communications company with more than 2,100 employees based across locations such as London, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Melbourne. 13 partner businesses make up the Engine family, including WCRS, MHP, Trailer Park, ORC International, Partners Andrews Aldridge, Deep Focus, Synergy, Calling Brands, Mischief, Fuel, Transform and Slice.
To lead and direct assigned accounts by developing strong client business, robust commercial performance and creative solutions that deliver tangible results.
To manage the delivery of work which functions to produce breakthrough creative work through outstanding project and resource management.
To support and direct the agency teams in their pursuit of the same.
Key tasks & responsibilities
Lead by example. Be accountable for what you do. Go above and beyond.
- Lead by example; behaviour breeds behavior
- Set the tone, style, standards and expectations for client relationships
- Set the service quality levels for the client
- Be responsible for account health and status by always having an accurate overview
- Identify new opportunities to improve and develop
- Keep abreast of and managed upcoming workload and work with DTL to resource
- Proactively manage issues
- Make the agency indispensable
- Where applicable manage and develop the team and direct reports
- Monitor, guide, delegate, coach
- Give ongoing and regular feedback – identify any development needs early
- Have a perspective beyond the immediate task – what to challenge, change, check
- Drive momentum
Add value through courage and curiosity. Be bold, brave and fearless.
- Demonstrate sound understanding and insight into client’s brands and business priorities
- How they make money
- How they are structured and why
- What their business and marketing priorities are
- Aim for the best creative work every time
- Identify and set the direction with client and design team leader
- Share responsibility for single minded inspirational briefs with client
- Be a welcome face across Engine creative and production departments
- Know how to give considered feedback to client and design team leader. Know which briefs to fight for and when to move on
- Be confident with the client’s strategy
- Be plugged into emerging trends and suggest how clients might fight to evolve their strategy
- Demonstrate curiosity; challenge the assumed where appropriate
Act with integrity to achieve the right outcome. Be humble and human.
- Be a trusted “go to” person on the account – drive a collaborative mentality
- Open, influential and supportive
- Build on the strength of client relationships
- Define and grow relationships across all clients
- Understand their personal objectives and ensure the team comprehend these
- Anticipate – go beyond the day to day demands
- Drive the delivery of great work to a client who wants to it
- Have strength and convictions in personal opinions
- Be enthusiastic and strong at presenting design work to clients and the wider agency
- Learn to negotiate tactfully and effectively
- Know when to back down
- Be politically aware but never political
- Client environment
- Agency pressures
- Invest time to develop the team
- Clear expectations and standards to meet
- Ongoing motivation to achieve more
Find the way forward. Be restless and aim for better than best.
- Never say never – have a ‘can do’ attitude to the team and client when things get ugly, find solutions quickly and move forward.
- Look ahead and anticipate
- Early warning signs to the team / MD / client
- Solve problems before they grow
- Encourage team to identify solutions and not panic
- Be adaptable and flexible in your approach, managing the needs of agency and clients alike
- Be collaborative
Make a positive impact creating the conditions for client and agency success. Make a difference.
- Go the extra mile and maintain a relentless attention to detail
- Drive quality control – ensuring brilliant basics from the team
- Go forward, not backwards
- Beware of admin and ‘comfort’ traps – don’t let these get in the way of growth
- Build experience through account direction, not account service – add value
- Prize commercial value for clients and justify fees paid
- Deliver reports that support the agency role and function
- Share the value of the agency role beyond fees
- Be commercially aware and encourage the team to be so too
- Fee structures / WIP
- PO structure and management
- Implementation value and charge out rates
- Scope the work required
- Manage all project documentation
What we offer
At Engine and NuFu, you can expect a great working environment and superb flexible benefits to match, including: gym discounts, childcare vouchers, contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and much more! We’ve been recognised for the way we look after our people, by being listed in The Sunday Times Top 100 best companies to work for 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016.